7.12.09

burn the idols

punk rock
hip hop
its all gotta die
what happened to originality
chaotic creativity
gone viral
this is for the individual
everyday rockstars
got their own beat
fuck radio one
i'm singing my own song
everyday poetry
real street
fuck gansta rap
when i was gansta
I never had shit
graffiti
free art
in an ugly world
here's some beauty
freeform freedom
burn the idols
kill all the old gods
let everyone have amnesia
we all start anew
iggy pop was a kid once
so was pac
everyday people
making their own reality
got the Dallas beat
pumping through my heart
who the hell are you
to say this ain't art
what is art?
art is LuLu
art is bleeding wrist
handcuffs are freedom
they say dallas is plastic
so we break the mold
melted vinyl sticking to the floor
i'm no guru
i've got no answers
fuck patti smith
i don't need your inspiration
i got my own
its like a bullet in the chamber
released
with such such sweet heat
i can't even remember
when i felt a joy like this
up in the middle of the night
writing words for no reason
conformity inspires me
break away
find something new
find your own song
cuz my shit is done

No comments:

Post a Comment