24.10.09

Asshole

I saw her again today.
We noticed each other at the same time and pretended not to.
Awkward glances greeted by half hidden smiles as we passed each other in the hall.
"Asshole."
Whispered so low I barely heard it.
This is the second time I've seen her in a month.
The first time was at a bar, Lee Harvey's.
I was walking to the restroom when she said hi.
I smiled.
"You don't remember me?"
I was froze.
"Asshole."
"I worked at the Elbow Room."
Twenty some-odd servers worked there in the year I worked there.
"Asshole," she said as she walked off.
Sitting back at the bar I tried to place her.
Oh, ya.
Hot rocker chick.
Tattoo sleeved on her right bicep.
The other cook and I started hitting on her the first day she worked.
The usual questions.
Where are from?
What type of music are you into?
Slayer.
Dead Kennedys.
Alright!
She seemed interested in me.
Probably the mohawk.
Then she asked THE question.
"Do you guys like Testament?"
Shocked I asked "Are you a born again christian?"
Yes.
The other laughed.
I couldn't hide my prejudice.
"I bet you like Creed too."
"Asshole."

No comments:

Post a Comment